How old is Chase?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, May 19, 2010

Nana is retiring!!!

Chase, Hogan and I loaded up the car last Friday to go to LaGrange to celebrate mom's retirement. She only has two more days of teaching! We are looking forward to having both Nana and Gigi retired!! We had a surprise (well, as much of a surprise as you can have..) Retirement Celebration for mom on Sunday night and Hollis Hand had something for her on Tuesday. Matthew, Leslie and Emma came in to town, too, so it was a houseful!

On Saturday, after my first trip to Zumba :), mom and I went to the 179th anniversary of Friendship Presbyterian Church in Concord, Georgia. The great, great, great, greats of my mom's family built this church and it has been a part of our family for 179 years! My grandmother and grandfather went there and are buried there, my brother was baptized there, and we spent many a Sunday there. It's very special to our family.
My grandparent's graves


Genevieve was my great grandfather's first wife. After having 5 children, she passed away and my great grandfather married Kate Wier who was my great grandmother. My grandmother Malone (mom's mom) and my mom are both named Genevieve after my great grandfather's first wife. I tend to think that was very nice of great grandma Kate to go for that... :)


Chase and Nana where Matthew was baptized


After grandma and grandpa Malone passed away, we had a stained glass window dedicated in memory to them.




Chase loves sitting with his Aunt Leslie! She has a good way of soothing him :)


Chase was fascinated with the stuffed dog in mom and dad's room...notice "Over the Hill"....is mom's young age of 30 considered over the hill? :)


Nana and Chase


Chase telling Papa all about his day

This Friday we are off to Aiken to spend time with Gigi, Papa J and Uncle Justin. We have a party for a friend getting married and Justin's BIRTHDAY! Yay!!

1 comment:

  1. Mel, I can't believe how big Chase has gotten!!! oh my gosh.. he's not an infant anymore! SO CUTE!!

    ReplyDelete