How old is Chase?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Tuesday, February 16, 2010

A Chase Update

Not sure if anyone really reads this blog, but thought I'd pass along information on Chase! As I look at the countdown, I only see 7 days left! I have to say it is very hard to believe that we are only 7 days away from meeting our sweet baby!

We went to the doctor last Friday for our weekly appointment. I was about 1/2cm dilated and Chase is settled way down, ready to come! Dr. Metherall estimated Chase to be about 7 pounds at that point and thinks he'll be about 7 lbs 15 oz at birth. We'll see how close he is! Hopefully not much bigger than that! :) The doctor also said that the way things look, the birth date is going to be due date (Feb 23rd) +/- 2 days. Matt is away at a golf tournament this week in Hilton Head so my mom is up here with me. Haven't felt any contractions or anything but as soon as I do (in a regular pattern), I will call Matt and have him come on home!! We don't want him to miss a thing! (Especially the fun mood I'll be in during delivery :) )

The doctor said that things are "favorable" for me to be induced if we were to go that route. I have to say there is something nice about knowing when the baby will come! So, if the appointment this Friday goes well, we will schedule the induction for next Tuesday or Wednesday.

We will keep you posted on the arrival of sweet Chase!!!

5 comments:

  1. Wow Melanie! I had no idea you were so close! Time has been flying by since Christmas and I keep forgetting it is already February. Thanks for updating and I am praying for you and a healthy Chase & fast delivery! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hooray! I can't wait to meet your sweet baby!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Can't wait to see pictures of him! Ben was playing Q School when Eli was scheduled to be born :) Played 1 round ... came to the hospital and then finished up the week. I joked he was probably the only player who started the tournament with 1 kiddo and finished with 2.

    ReplyDelete
  4. That's so exciting to be at the end and ready to meet your baby!! Can't wait to see pictures of your little boy!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yay Melanie! I read your blog! And clearly several others do too! Can't wait to see pictures of sweet little Chase! Will be praying for a safe and healthy delivery.

    ReplyDelete