How old is Chase?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Saturday, February 20, 2010

Charles Bryant Hendrix

Well, so much for the due date +/- 2 days! Our little bundle of joy has arrived!!! And is there a story? Why, of course!


Let's preface the story by saying that Matt was at a tournament in Hilton Head. We talked to the doctors and everyone thought Matt playing this week would be completely fine. Mom took the week off work to come up to Greenville to help me out and be there in case anything were to happen. Glad she was here!


I woke up at 5:30 on Thursday morning and felt pains in my lower stomach. They weren't anything bad, and nothing was regular so I layed in bed for about an hour. At 6:30, I decided to get up and get mom and have her time my "pains". Like I said, they weren't anything bad and they were sporadic so I really didn't think anything about it. I called the nurse about 6:45am and she told me to call the doctor's office at 8 and the doctor will probably want to see me. My water ended up breaking at 7am, so Matt went ahead and got on the road.

We tidied up things around the house and got in the car for the hospital. By the time I got in the car, my contractions were 2 minutes apart and pretty painful. We got to the hospital and they checked me in and gave me a room. It did take me quite a while to get to the room because I had to stop at each contraction.

When I got to the room, the nurse checked and was surprised to tell me that I was already 8 cm dilated. I quickly went to 10cm and could deliver at any point. When asked if Matt would make it, both she and the doctor said it would be a close call and if we didn't get the epidural in, he would not make it. Luckily, we got the epidural in!

Matt arrived to the hospital (on fumes) at 10:50am and I started pushing at 11. Sweet Chase entered the world at 12:33pm, weighing in at 6lbs 11 ounces and 19 inches long. And what a blessing he has been!!

Pictures in the next post!


3 comments:

  1. Congrats! That was SPEEDY! Can't wait to see him!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Congratulations!!! What a story! Having a son is wonderful. I'm so glad that your mom was there and that Matt made it before Chase was born.

    ReplyDelete
  3. I had tears in my eyes thinking about Matt's race to be there for the birth! So sweet!

    ReplyDelete