How old is Chase?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

My goal...


I am on a mission to lose this baby weight. I can no longer pull the "I just had a baby" routine...he's almost 8 months old! In my defense, it was hard to work out during the summer. We were paying someone hourly to watch Chase and I just felt guilty paying for an hour while I worked out. But, I was at a point where I needed to do something.

In 2004 (I think), I ran the Kiawah Island Half Marathon. My goal? To run the whole way. And did I? HECK YEA! Of course, at the end, I couldn't feel my limbs but I did in fact run the whole way.

So now I am motivated to do it again. In DISNEY WORLD!!!! How fun!!! Slight problem...I'm somewhat behind the 8 Ball. As of 3 weeks ago, it had been a good year since I had run. I ran a little bit when I first got pregnant but then used the pregnancy as an excuse.

IF I have the nerve to sign up for the run, I may not be able to run the whole way. I have worked my way up to 3.2 miles, but that is a long way from 13.1.

Wish me luck! I'll keep you posted!

1 comment:

  1. Which Disney one? The one in Jan? We ran a 5K there in Oct and we loved it. I am totally training for a half but I won't be ready by Jan. I am hoping they will annouce another Food and Wine Half Marathon next Fall. That will be my goal.

    Love the new layout! Glad you decided to keep the blog updated!-Joy

    ReplyDelete