How old is Chase?

Lilypie First Birthday tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Are we still here?

I have to say that I have seriously debated about whether or not to continue this blog. As I sit here, just home from work, with a stack of clothes a mile high, an upstairs that needs to be vaccumed, butternut squash in the oven for Chase's food, a dog barking like crazy at a horse on the tv and a baby I'm trying to make sure stays asleep, I think keeping this thing up is crazy. But maybe if I see it as a source of rest, I'll get back to loving updating it. I know that this is the way some people keep up with us so I figured it is probably a good thing for me to keep it going. I apologize for being on a three month hiatus....I hope to be better.

So what has been going on with us? What hasn't maybe the question :) Not really, we've just been extremely busy. Matt has been traveling a good bit and I've been back in work mode. My partner retired from the company back in May, so it has been an adjustment. But, work has been going really well and I love it more and more each day. I have such flexibility which is great! I can play with Chase in the morning, take him to the nanny (who is amazing!) about 10 and work the rest of the day. Usually I pick Chase up about 4:30 or 5 and play with him until bedtime. When he goes to sleep, I go back to work...of course, my office is right under his bedroom, so that is great!

Matt is doing well with golf. We are gearing up for Q-School which starts October 26th. Please keep us in your prayers. Any wives of golfers (and golfers, of course) know what the Fall holds when it comes to professional golf! But, we know everything will be great!

And the little man of the house?! He's amazing! We have been truly blessed with the world's best child! I know everyone says that but I really do know it for Chase. We had a rough few weeks at the beginning with his milk protein allergy. But ever since we got that straightened out, he has been PERFECT! He is growing like a little weed...19 pounds, 7 ounces at his 6 month check up and I know he's gained weight since then. No one can say he goes without food! He's perfect in every way!

We finally found a Nanny for Chase. She is SUCH a blessing to us! We have thoroughly enjoyed her and look forward to the years to come. She keeps Chase and Ryan at her house every day and the kids love her! After 6 long months of searching, we finally found a perfect match!

We went to the beach a couple of weeks ago with my family. We had a great time and Chase did well! I was somewhat worried about him being outside his element, but he did great. Vacations with a child are far different than without a child, that's for sure! I now understand when people say they need a vacation from their vacation. We got back home on Monday and I took Tuesday as a "recoop" day.

Last Sunday we baptized Chase and what a wonderful day it was. We had friends and family come to the church service. Matt and I were so worried Chase would be the one who screams through the whole service, but lo and behold, he didn't! I was especially worried because, of course, we couldn't get him to nap before the service. We resorted to Matt driving him around
for 30 minutes, but even that didn't work. He got a 10 minute catnap which worked good enough. He was a champ throughout the whole ceremony.

Let's see...what else?! I guess nothing. In the next post I will update pictures. I don't have the patience to put them in order so they may be all out of chronological order. It's late (for me) and my patience wears thin after 8 :)..and now it especially is worn thin as I just heard a thud upstairs and Hogan has gone into Chase's room and taken everything off the bookshelf...darn dog!

If you're still reading at this point, you're a good person! :)

Much love,
Melanie, Matt and sweet baby Chase

3 comments:

  1. We've missed you! I'm super impressed with the squash in the oven ... and the thought of a half marathon. We just found out Eli (our middle) is allergic to almost everything on the planet (dairy, grains, berries) ... he's put on a good pound since last Friday (when we switched his diet). Chase is adorable ...

    ReplyDelete
  2. Okay Mel...
    1. Squash in the oven?...supermom!!
    2. Half-marathon...you have to do it! I wish I was that motivated. I'm jiggily all over from having Cooper!!
    3. Cooper and Chase have to meet ASAP!
    4. Praying for y'all during q-school
    5. SO happy you decided to continue the blog!! I think of mine as a scrapbook to Cooper b/c Lord knows I can't scrapbook!!
    6. Oh yah...Chase is so stinkn' CUTE!

    ReplyDelete
  3. I'm the same way (minus the kid of course). I can't decide if I should keep up my blog. I have all these great posts that I write in my head but then I never execute!

    ReplyDelete